- 1. Personal Information Collected
- Under California law, we are required to provide information about the categories of personal information we have collected in the past twelve (12) months. We have collected the following categories of personal information:
|Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, email address, account name, Passport number, or other similar identifiers.|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||A name, address, telephone number, passport number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Age (40 years or older), national origin, citizenship, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions).|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
|Geolocation data||Physical location or movements.|
|Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.|
- 2. Cross-border Data Transfer
- Each YKK Group company may transfer personal information to our overseas bases, or to other foreign countries. Personal information to be transferred includes data on customers, business partners, and employees in our Group. YKK Group companies will legally transfer this data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. You acknowledge you understand that by providing your personal information: (i) your personal information will be used for the uses identified above in accordance with this CALIFORNIA PRIVACY STATEMENT; and (ii) your personal information may be transferred to other jurisdictions as indicated above, in accordance with applicable law.
- 3. Your Privacy Rights
- If you wish to request disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use, erasure, suspension of third-party provision, exercise of any claim or other right specified by other laws or regulations, or notification of the purpose of use (hereinafter referred to as "Claims, etc.") with respect to the contents of the retained personal information held by each YKK Group company, please contact us regarding personal information protection (https://www.ykk.co.jp/app/s_inquiry/p_form) or contact the YKK Group companies listed below. A reasonable fee may be applied if permitted by applicable law.
|*||Group companies in Japan: https://www.ykk.com/english/corporate/group/companylist.html|
|*||Overseas group companies related to Fastening: https://www.ykk.com/english/corporate/g_establishment/fastening.html|
|*||Overseas group companies related to YKK AP: https://www.ykk.com/english/corporate/g_establishment/ap.html|
|*||Other overseas group companies: https://www.ykk.com/english/corporate/g_establishment/others.html|
|In particular, California residents have the following rights:|
|–||Right to Know: California consumers have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, the categories of third parties with whom we share such information, and information about our sale or disclosure for business purposes of your personal information to third parties.|
|–||Right to Delete: California consumers have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.|
|–||Right to Opt-Out of Sale: California consumers have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. Please note we do not "sell" your personal information, as that term is defined in the CCPA.|
|–||Right to Non-Discrimination: California consumers have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights.|
If you would like to exercise one or more of the above rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below. We may need you to provide additional information to verify your request, such as providing certain data elements so that we can confirm they match the personal information already maintained by us. We will not use this additional information for anything other than handling your request. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request in certain circumstances on your behalf. Such authorized agent must be registered with the California Secretary of State.
We will provide information on action taken on these requests without undue delay and in any event within 45 days of receipt of the request. That period may be extended once by 45 where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. We will inform you of any such extension within 45 days of receipt of the request, together with the reasons for the delay.
Additionally, California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our website that are California residents and who have an established business relationship with us to request, once a year, certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Please note, at this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) settings in your browser.
- 4. Notice Regarding Public Posting Areas
- Some websites of YKK Group companies feature content such as chats, forums (conference room), bulletin boards, news groups and e-mail exchanges (collectively, "public posting areas"). Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any public posting area may be available to anyone with Internet access. When using services in this way, please provide information at your own risk and discretion. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
- 5. Contact Us
- If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices or this policy, please contact us at:
Last revised on February 1,2021.