- 1. Handling of personal data
|*||YKK group companies in Japan: https://www.ykk.com/english/corporate/group/companylist.html|
|*||YKK group companies overseas in fastening business: https://www.ykk.com/english/corporate/g_establishment/fastening.html|
|*||YKK group companies overseas in AP business: https://www.ykk.com/english/corporate/g_establishment/ap.html|
|*||Other YKK group companies overseas: https://www.ykk.com/english/corporate/g_establishment/others.html|
- 2. Personal data YKK group companies will collect and the purposes of use of personal data
Each YKK group company will let you know or announce the specific purposes for which we will use your personal data, and we will get your personal data after trying to seek your understanding. We will use your personal data to the extent necessary for achieving the intended purposes of use. We will not use your personal data improperly.
As for personal data we will collect and the purposes of use of the data, please see the following table.
|Personal data subjects||Kinds of data we get||Sources of data we get||Purposes of use of data we get|
*customers we are providing with our goods and services as well as all prospective customers
|Name and surname, email address, phone number, entity name, inquiries to us and others||Your email messages to us, your inquiries entered in our website entry form||To answer your inquiries about our goods and websites and to meet your request for advice about repairs (this purpose includes third-party response)|
|Cookies, website history and others collected in conjunction with customers' name, company name, department, e-mail address, phone number, and address||Cookies, website history and others which you have agreed in our website entry form that we collect||To announce new products and services that meet your tastes and preferences by analyzing your browsing and buying history we get|
|Name and surname, email address, phone number, group or school name, and others||Records of entry into facilities related to us||To ensure security control against crimes and disaster damage|
|Participants in events, campaigns, and lecture meetings we hold||Name and surname, e-mail address, phone number||Application forms for events, campaigns, and lecture meetings we hold||To notify you about our events, campaigns, and lecture meetings|
|Applicants for all kinds of contests we hold||Name and surname, email address, phone number, entity or school name, and others||Entry sheets for all kinds of contests we hold||To notify you about our contests, send you contest materials and for our manager to contact you; to announce award-winning works and award winners (posting winners' photos on website, trade papers and other media included)|
*suppliers, subcontracts, those who engaged in joint R&D with us, those who exchanged cards or interviewed with our group staff included.
|Name and surname, email address, phone number, company name, etc.||Business cards you exchanged with our staff, etc.||To make all kinds of business contact with customers; to make business contact about performance of all sorts of contracts, and business talks and negotiations; to make contact about matters necessary for joint R&D of products and technology.|
*job seekers yet to apply and applicants for internship included.
|Name and surname, date of birth, address, email address, phone number, school name, expected date of graduation, etc.||Entries into our employment site, data your agents agreed to let us get, your direct interviews and other communications with us.||To discuss and decide whether to employ or reject a job applicant by analyzing aptitude and other test results in addition to data obtained from the resume and interview.|
|Shareholders||Name and surname, address, number of shares held, date of acquisition and others||Shareholders' register||
*As for personal data about our personnel, we will get such data separately after giving them a sufficient explanation and getting their approval.
By the way, we may sometimes get sensitive personal data. Such sensitive data include information that needs special consideration if you request such consideration and information that is necessary to carry out our obligations to our employees under labor laws and employment contracts. If you want us to give special consideration to your sensitive personal data, we will get your data subject to your consent except as permitted by law.
- 3. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
- The legal basis for the handling of personal data at each YKK Group company is as follows.
|①||Where the person has given his/her consent to the handling of his/her personal data for one or more specific purposes;
*If applicable laws or regulations give the individual the authority to revoke the consent, the individual may revoke the consent.
|②||Cases where the handling of personal information is necessary in order to fulfill a contract in which the person is the contracting party, or if the handling is required to take measures at the request of the person prior to the conclusion of the contract;|
|③||Cases where handling is required in order to comply with the legal obligations of each YKK Group company;|
|④||Cases where handling is necessary to protect the interests in the life of the individual or other natural person;|
|⑤||When handling is necessary for the performance of duties performed in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority granted to each YKK Group company;|
|⑥||Cases where handling is necessary for the purpose of legitimate benefits sought by YKK Group companies or by a third party. However, this does not apply if the benefits and the basic rights and freedoms of the subject seeking protection of personal data take precedence over the YKK Group companies' interests, especially if the subject is a child.|
- 4. Joint use of your personal data between YKK Group Companies
Each YKK group company will jointly use your personal data. As for the scope of YKK group companies, please see Clause 1 of this Policy (Handling of personal data). We will make joint use of your personal data to achieve the purposes mentioned in the above Clause 2 of this Policy (Personal data we will collect and the purposes of use of personal data). In this case, YKK Corporation will have full responsibility for the control of your personal data jointly used by us. Parenthetically, YKK Corporation is a Japanese corporation located at 1, Kanda Izumi-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo and represented by Hiroaki Otani, President.
[Items of personal data for our joint use]
Your name and surname, affiliation information (your company name, your department name, etc.), title or position, address, phone number, Fax number, email address, information about your inquiries
- 5. Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
- YKK Group companies do not provide acquired personal data to third parties, except in the following cases.
|(1)||Where the person has given consent to the provision to a third party;|
|(2)||Cases of joint use based on laws and regulations;|
|(3)||When the YKK Group outsources the work to a third party within the scope of the purpose of use and personal data is provided accordingly. (In this case, each YKK Group company concludes a contract with the contractor for the safe management of personal data, and performs necessary and appropriate supervision);|
|(4)||otherwise permitted by applicable Laws.|
YKK Group companies will not provide personal data to third parties based on opt-out.
- 6. Personal data control system
- YKK Group companies have established an efficient personal data control system by laying down various protection rules and training all staff in personal data protection. We will handle all personal data in a strictly and properly controlled manner and will keep such data accurate and up to date in accordance with the YKK Group Personal Data Security Control Measures. Furthermore, we have taken measures to prevent leakage, loss, or falsification of your personal data. We are well prepared for any possible leakage. If leakage or any other accident occurs, we will immediately investigate all the facts, take recurrence prevention measures, and notify you and the Private Data Protection Committee and other data protection organs in accordance with Laws.
- 7. Cross-border Data Transfer
- Each YKK Group company may transfer personal data to the Group's overseas bases, or to other foreign countries. Personal data to be transferred includes data on customers, business partners, and employees in our Group. YKK Group companies will legally transfer this data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- 8. Retention Period for Personal Data
- Each YKK Group company will strive to erase personal data without delay when it is no longer needed.
- 9. Notification of the purposes of use, disclosure, correction, supplement, erasure, stoppage of use, deletion, and stoppage of provision to third parties of personal data in our possession.
- With respect to personal data possessed by any of the YKK group companies, if you want us to notify the purposes of use of, disclose, correct, supplement, erase, stop using, delete, or stop providing to third parties your personal data, or if you'd like to request us to notify you of the purposes for using your personal data, or if you want to exercise your statutory right to make requests or other rights ("Request"), please visit any of the following websites, according to whom you want to contact. If the company you want to contact is not listed in the table below, please contact YKK Corporation. YKK Corporation will receive your request on behalf of the company.
By the way, we may charge you a reasonable fee to the extent permitted by applicable Laws. The fee is disclosed on the website mentioned below.
|YKK Japan Company||https://lyncs.ykkfastening.com/shop/pages/contact.aspx|
|YKK Snap Fasteners Japan Co., Ltd.||https://www.ykksnap.co.jp/contact/|
|YKK AP Inc.||https://www.ykkap.co.jp/ask/privacy/|
|YKK Business Support Inc.||https://ykkbsi.co.jp/inquiry/|
|YKK Rokko Corporation||http://www.ykkrokko.co.jp/otoiawase/|
- 10. About Cookies
The session cookie setting starts as soon as you access the website, and is canceled when you close the website. These cookies enable the YKK Group companies to track the sections of the website that you access, which allows the YKK Group companies to track user preferences and use them to make improvements.
Permanent cookies remain on your hard drive unless you remove them through your browser's Internet security settings. Permanent cookies are used to store user preferences such as language usage, eliminating the need to re-configure each website visit. Cookies made by YKK Group companies are not linked to personally identifiable information, except in the cases described above in Section 2 "Personal data YKK Group companies will collect and the purposes of use of personal data".
- 11. Access history
- Access to each YKK group company website is accumulated as access history. As a rule, we will use data obtained from access history for the purpose of compiling statistics and making analysis of usage frequency of our websites. Information about access to our website is not linked to data that make it possible to identify a specific individual person. Regardless of whether access history or not, we will not obtain information relating to individuals from third parties as personal data, nor will we provide private information to any third parties who are expected to gather private information as personal data. But if requested by a government agency to disclose personal data through a due legal procedure, we may disclose information about access history. Thank you for your understanding.
- 12. Continuous improvement
- In order to properly manage and protect personal information, each YKK Group company periodically reviews the operation of handling personal information, changes this policy as necessary, and strives for continuous improvement. Changes to these guidelines will be appropriately communicated.
- 13. Anonymization or pseudonymization
- In order to safely manage personal data, YKK Group companies may delete personal names or replace them with pseudonyms to anonymize them when personal names are not necessary for specific processing. Each YKK group company fully understands that personal data anonymization will not absolve or relieve it of its legal obligations to protect personal data unless the said personal data cease to be personal due to processing (for example, unless they become mere statistical data). Especially, YKK group companies that are governed by Japanese laws will not do any anonymization or pseudonymization of personal data.
- 14. Other
- Depending on the content of the event, some websites of YKK Group companies offer service content such as chats, forums (conference room), bulletin boards, news groups and e-mail exchanges. When using services in this way, please provide information at your own risk and discretion.
Enacted: April 1, 2005
Amended: April 1, 2022