YKK

HISTORY

January 1934
San-S Shokai founded by Tadao Yoshida in Nihonbashi, Tokyo; the production and sale of fastening products begins.
February 1938
San-S Shokai renamed Yoshida Kogyosho.
February 1942
Yoshida Kogyosho reorganized as a limited company.
March 1945
Komatsugawa Plant burned down in the Great Tokyo Air Raids; Yoshida Kogyosho temporarily dissolved.
August 1945
Uozu Tekkousho K.K. purchased by Yoshida Kogyosho. Renamed Yoshida Kogyo K.K.
January 1946
YKK® registered as a trademark of Yoshida Kogyo K.K.
March 1951
Headquarters relocated to Nihonbashi Bakurocho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo.
May 1955
Kurobe Plant commences operations in Kurobe, Toyama Prefecture.
July 1957
Yoshida Shoji Co., Ltd. (current YKK AP Inc.) established.
August 1958
Yoshida Kogyo K.K. headquarters relocated to Asakusa Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo.
November 1959
First overseas affiliate established in New Zealand; production and sale of fastening products begins in New Zealand.
November 1959
Operations related to aluminum building materials begun.
June 1963
Headquarters relocated to current location (Kanda Izumi-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo).
May 1976
YKK Industries (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. established as the first overseas affiliate of YKK's architectural products business.
August 1994
Yoshida Kogyo K.K. renamed YKK Corporation.
September 1994
YKK Group Environmental Charter (Group Environmental Charter) established.
July 2000
YKK Newmax Co., Ltd. (current YKK Snap Fasteners Japan Co., Ltd.) established as the principal company of YKK's snaps and buttons business.
December 2002
First machinery and engineering business company (Suzhou YKK Machinery & Die Works Co., Ltd.) established in Suzhou, China.
February 2003
YKK Fastening Products Sales Inc. established as a sales company for YKK's fastening business.
April 2003
YKK Business Support Inc. established as the shared services center for the YKK Group.
October 2003
YKK's Architectural Products Manufacturing Group integrated into YKK AP Inc.; the architectural products business of the YKK Group begins as a fully integrated organization.
July 2006
YKK Tours launched by the YKK Group as an industrial tourism plant tour.
September 2008
YKK Center Park, a facility that is open to the general public, opened.
June 2015
The YKK80 Building completed in Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, as the new headquarters of YKK Corporation and YKK AP Inc.
July 2018
YKK Corporation and YKK Fastening Products Sales Inc. merged.